This dish makes a perfect summer evening dinner, the silky rice soothing the heat of the harissa and the lemon marrying all the flavours together.
PS. Don’t forget a bottle or two of chilled Berceo Tempranillo Blanco. Cheers! Mark
Honey and Harissa Chicken Breasts, Lemon Risotto, Red Mojo Sauce. Enjoy!.
2 Hours 40 minutes
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 4x 7/8oz Skin-on Chicken Breasts
- 4x Dessert spoons Honey
- 160ml Harissa Sauce Add to Cart
- 100ml Red Mojo Sauce
- 80g Red Bell Pepper Strips
- 100g Washed Baby Leaf Spinach
- 100g Manchego Cheese cut into 10 even sized cubes
- 20g Manchego Shavings
- 1x lemon, juice and zest
- HOW TO MAKE ARANCINI
- 1. Slash each Chicken Breast 3 times with a sharp knife going 1cm into the flesh, in a mixing bowl combine the honey and Harissa until smooth.
- 2. Evenly coat each chicken breast with the honey & Harissa marinade and leave for at least 2 hours or even better overnight.
- 3. In a heavy-based saucepan fry the onion in the olive oil until soft but without colour, add the rice and cook for 2/3 minutes, add the wine and reduce by half.
- 4. Add a couple of ladles of hot stock to the rice, stir and bring to a simmer, when the stock has absorbed add more – only stirring the rice when adding stock. The rice will take 15 minutes to cook and may not need all the stock.
- 5. Remove the rice from the heat, add the manchego crumb, lemon zest and juice, stir until the risotto is creamy. Season as required. Divide into 4 heated plates.
- 6. In a frying pan, seal the chicken breasts and gently cook, turning occasionally until cooked through – be careful not to burn. The breasts should be glazed and shiny.
- 7. Place the spinach leaves in a mixing bowl along with the bell peppers, season and drizzle with a little oil, place the mixture in the centre of each plate.
- 8. Place the chicken breasts on top of the spinach, garnish with the manchego shavings and generous drops of Red Mojo Sauce. Enjoy! .