There is a certain elegance to the combination of Mussels and Saffron enriched even further by the creamy risotto. This is a stunning and extremely photogenic dish and will make a memorable meal to suit any occasion.
Saffron Risotto with Argentinian Red Prawns, Mussels and Cherry Tomatoes. Enjoy!
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 8x Raw Peeled Argentinian Red Prawn Tails
- 500g Cleaned Mussels
- 10 x Multi-coloured Cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 x Large Banana Shallot Finely Chopped
- 2 x Cloves Garlic Smashed and chopped
- 2x Dessert spoons Ex Virgin olive oil
- FOR THE RISOTTO
- 200g Bomba Rice
- 600ml x Vegetable Stock
- 100ml Tempranillo Blanco
- 1x Medium sliced onion (finely chopped onion)
- 1/4 g x Saffron strands
- 2x Dessert spoons Extra Virgin olive oil
- 40g grated Manchego Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Heat 2 dessert spoons of oil in a sauce pan over a medium heat, add the chopped onion and gently soften for a couple of minutes without colour. Add the rice, stir gently for a minute or so, add the wine, reduce by half. Add the saffron and a couple of ladles of hot vegetable stock, gradually add more stock until the rice is cooked – only stir the rice when you add liquid. The rice should be cooked in around 15 minutes, remove from the heat stir in the Manchego cheese until smooth and creamy.
- 2. In a wok or shallow frying pan, heat two dessert spoons of oil. Add the mussels and toss a couple of times, add the garlic and shallots, add the prawns and tomatoes toss and cover with a lid.
- 3. Cook out for a couple of minutes constantly shaking the pan. Remove from heat.
- 4. Divide the rice between 2 serving bowls, spoon the Mussels, Prawns and tomatoes in the center of each dish, garnish with fresh coriander and edible flowers (optional).
- 5. Blanch your chosen vegetables in rapidly boiling salted water for a couple of minutes, drain and season. Add the rice to a serving bowl, place the vegetables in the center of the rice, garnish with peashoots and enjoy a taste of northern Italy!