Baked Mediterranean Vegetables. These baked vegetables always bring back memories of the beachside bars in #Santorini cooked in wood fired pizza ovens, the vegetables would change daily but always tasted fabulous, a great way to spend lunch in the shade and enjoy a couple of bottles of wine!!! No hurry! Mark
Baked Mediterranean Vegetables – Enjoy!.
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 300g Bomba Rice Add to Cart
- 1x Red Pepper
- 1x Yellow Pepper
- 2x Large Portobello Mushrooms
- 2x Large Beef Tomatoes
- 4 Dessert Spoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1x Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 2x Clove Garlic (smashed and chopped)
- 60ml Tomato Frito Sauce
- 500ml Vegetable Stock
- 50g Coriander (chopped)
- 1x Teaspoon Paella Seasoning
- Salt & Freshly Ground Black pepper
- 60g Crumbled Manchego Cheese
- Generous Pinch of Sweet Smoked Paprika Add to Cart
- HOW TO MAKE THIS
- 1. Pre heat the oven to 160c.
- 2. Prepare the vegetables – remove the stalks from the mushrooms, slice the tops off the peppers and remove any seeds. Slice the tops off the tomatoes, remove the seeds and scoop out any flesh, discard the seeds retain and chop the flesh. Put the tops to one side.
- 3. In a large saucepan heat half the extra virgin oil over a medium heat, add the onion and garlic a cook for 3 to 4 minutes (without colour) – stir when necessary, add the chopped tomato flesh and the Frito sauce.
- 4. Add the Bomba rice, paprika, paella seasoning and approximately 250 ml of the vegetable stock. Bring to a gentle simmer, season, gently cook for 10 minutes.
- 5. Arrange the vegetable shells on a roasting tray, remove the rice from the heat and mix through the Manchego and coriander, fill all of the vegetables with rice and pack tightly. Place the lids on the tomatoes and peppers.
- 6. Drizzle the vegetables with the remaining oil and pour the remaining stock into the tray. Cover with tin foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove the foil and cook for a further 10 minute until the vegetables start to blister and scorch.
- 7. Serve immediately.
- Delicious with a chilled bottle of Berceo Rioja Rosado