Vietnamese Prawn Summer Rolls, Romesco Mayonnaise, Harissa Soy Sauce
by Mark Prescott
These tasty attractive Summer rolls are so refreshing, crunchy and packed with summer flavours, delicious with a chilled glass of Rose or glass of iced beer ,one is never enough.
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 200g x Beansprouts
- 10x Rice Paper Wrappers
- 20g Mint Leaves (fine Julienne
- 10g x Coriander (finely chopped)
- 10g x Ginger (fine julienne)2 x Gloves Garlic (smashed finely chopped)
- 1 x Red Chilli (fine julienne)
- 30 x Peeled Cooked Tiger Prawn Tails
- 1 x Romaine Lettuce
- 1 x Large Carrot (fine julienne)
- 1 x Cucumber (fine julienne )
- 1 x Jar grated Beetroot
- 30 x Small Edible Violas or Rose Petals (optional)
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. In a mixing bowl place the Beansprouts, mint leaves, coriander, ginger, carrot, cucumber and grated beetroot. Mix well and season to taste.
- 2. When you are ready to make the rolls, dip a rice paper in a bowl of hot water, moving it around until the rice paper is soft, drain on a tea towel or kitchen paper, lay the sheet on a flat surface and at one edge of the sheet add around 100g of the filling, lay a split romaine leaf on the filling add three Prawns and three violas, don’t overfill the rolls or they will be difficult to roll.
- 3. Lift the edge of the rice wrapper nearest to you over the filling, holding the filling in position with your fingers start to roll tightly.
- 4. When you have rolled the sheet halfway fold the ends over the filling so it is completely enclosed.
- 5. Continue rolling tightly until the whole rice wrapper is rolled up. Cut in half on a diagonal to serve.
Recipe Cuisine: Chinese