Vegetable Frittata with Harissa Mayonnaise
by Mark Prescott
Frittatas work with almost any ingredient that suits your personal taste, fulfilling as a hot main course or chilled as a nibble or canapé.
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 8 x Large Eggs
- 6 x Asparagus Spears
- 60g Purple Sprouting Broccoli
- 50g Bell Pepper Strips
- 1 x Generous Pinch Spanish Passion Sweet Smoked Paprika
- 100g Crumbled Manchego Cheese
- 50g Spanish Passion Chickpeas
- 100g Sweet Potato (2cm dice)
- 1 x Red Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 x Courgette (2cm dice )
- 200ml Creme Fraiche
- 4 Clove Garlic Crushed and Chopped
- Harissa Mayonnaise
- 400ml Thick Mayonnaise
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Spray a flan ring or frying pan with butter or oil, line with parchment paper and oil again.
- 2. Crack the eggs into a bowl, season with salt and pepper and allow to stand for 5 minutes (this will start to break the egg white down and reduce whisking so that the egg doesn’t become too fluffy)
- 3. Cut the asparagus into 2cm pieces (discard the woody base) then cut the broccoli into small florets and slice the stems.
- 4. Blanch all the vegetables in rapidly boiling water for approximately 3 minutes, drain refresh and dry.
- 5. Gently whisk the eggs and add all the ingredients, mix well and pour into the flan ring.
- 6. Place the frittata into a preheated oven for approximately 50 minutes until the frittata is firm to the touch.
- 7. It's Ready to Serve - The Frittata will be delicious hot or cold! Serve with Harrisa Mayonnaise
Other Notes: It will taste even better after a couple of days in the fridge! Goes great with a Spicy Harissa Mayo! Enjoy...
Recipe Cuisine: Mediterranean