Torta de Aceite with Cantabrian White Tuna, Cream Cheese & Romesco Sauce.
by Mark Prescott
These delicate Tortas are light and crisp and this is a perfectly delicate, pretty, and delicious appetiser for a summer Al Fresco lunch or dinner, or even as an excuse to have a mid-afternoon nibble and a couple of glasses of wine.
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 2x Multi Cereal Torta de Aceite
- 150g White Tuna
- 50g Romesco Sauce
- 1x Baby Cucumber (finely Sliced)
- 1/2 Red Onion (finely sliced whole round)
- 2 x Rainbow Raddish (finely Sliced0
- 60g Watercress & Pea shoot Salad
- 1 x Dessert spoon lemon-infused Oil
- Celery Leaves if Available
- Edible Flowers Optional
- Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- Cream Cheese
- 100g Cream Cheese
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Place the cream cheese into a disposable piping bag, likewise for the Romesco sauce, Lay the cereal wafers onto a flat surface or directly onto your serving plates, on each wafer pipe 5 or 6 mounds of both cream cheese and Romesco.
- 2. Place the sliced onions into a small ceramic bowl sprinkle with salt and add the lemon juice,mix well, within a couple of minutes you will have a beautiful crisp purple pickle, leave for 5 minutes and then drain in a sieve.
- 3. Flake the Tuna into nice large flakes and divide between the two wafers.
- 4. Dress the salad leaves with the lemon oil and now get creative and fashion a delicate garden on each wafer using the dressed leaves, sliced cucumber and Raddish, finish with the onion pickle, celery leaf, and edible flowers if you are using them. You should have a beautiful delicious edible garden on your plate.
Recipe Cuisine: Spanish