Torched Mackerel Fillets with Beetroot and Celeriac Remoulade, Beetroot Dressing, Allioli.
by Mark Prescott
This is a simple and very elegant salad which is packed with goodness and has great textures, definitely a dish for a special occasion.
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 4 x large Boneless Mackerel Fillets (let the fishmonger do the hard work)
- 100g x Grated Beetroot
- 100g x Grated Celeriac
- 60ml Extra Thick Mayonnaise
- 50g Allioli
- 50g Caperberries
- 1x Lemon
- 50ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Garlic flowers or Edible Flowers (optional)
- 50g Wild Rocket
- 50g Pea shoot & Watercress Salad
- Juice of 1 large Lemon
- Beetroot Dressing
- 50ml Beetroot Gazpacho
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Mix the oil and lemon juice together season with salt and pepper, cut each Mackerel fillet into 3 pieces and place in the marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Mix the beetroot Gazpacho with the Balsamic Vinegar to make a light dressing.
- 3. Drain the Grated Beetroot and Celeriac in a colander and squeeze dry, season and bind with the mayonnaise.
- 4. Mix the salad leaves together and arrange in the centre of each plate, drizzle with beetroot dressing, and add the odd dab of aioli, divide the remoulade evenly and place in a mound in the centre of each plate.
- 5. Remove the Mackerel from the marinade and lay on a baking tray, using a blow torch sear the skin until it becomes crisp and charred without burning.
- 6. Arrange the mackerel around the remoulade, finish with the caperberries and edible flowers if you are using them.
Recipe Cuisine: Mediterranean