Spanish Jumbo Butter Bean Broth Recipe
A Delicious vegetarian recipe bursting with Mediterranean flavour.
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 1 Jar Spanish Passion Jumbo Butter Beans
- 1 Large Onion (chopped)
- 1 Carrot (finely chopped)
- Half teaspoon dried Oregano and Thyme (use double amount if using fresh herbs)
- Chopped Chives for garnish (optional)
- 3 single Tomatoes from a jar of Spanish Passion Pear Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of Tomato Puree
- 1 tbsp Spanish Passion Olive Oil
- 125ml of Water
- Pinch of Sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. In a large frying pan add 1tbsp of Olive Oil and sauté the Onions, Garlic, and season with Salt and Pepper
- 2. When slightly soft add the Carrots (chopping them small helps them cook faster).
- 3. Add chopped Tomatoes, dried Herbs, Tomato Puree, 250ml of Water and bring to the boil.
- 4. Let it boil until almost all of the water has gone. At this stage add the Sugar and stir.
- 5. Rinse the Beans under cold Water and add them to the broth
- 6. Dress each Fig with a little Mint
- 7. Serve hot and garnish with the Chives
Recipe Cuisine: Mediterranean