Serrano-Wrapped Figs with Roquefort, Organic Balsamic Vinegar, and Fig Syrup.
These figs make a great Tapas dish. At this time of year, the figs are soft and ripe, the saltiness of the Serrano ham and the acidity of the Roquefort provide a perfect combination of textures and flavour. 2 is never enough! This dish also has the fusion of the best Turkish Figs, Spanish Ham, and the finest French Cheese. Definitely one to try! Delicious with a glass of chilled Berceo Rosado.
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 4 x Black Figs
- 4x Slices of Serrano Ham
- 60g Roquefort Cheese(or cheese of your choice)
- 1 x Dessert spoon Organic Balsamic Vinegar
- 1x Dessert Spoon Fig Vinegar Cream.
- 20g Seasonal Micro Herb Salad.
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Remove the tip of the figs and cut a deep cross into the crown of each fig, gently press the base to open the Fig up like a star, insert a 15g cube of Roquefort into the center of each and gently reform to encase the cheese
- 2. Fold the slices of Serrano Ham in half lengthways. Wrap a strip of Serrano ham tightly around each fig like a belt and secure with a cocktail stick
- 3. Place the Figs on a Baking tray and cook for approximately 10 to 12 minutes at 180c until the ham is starting to crisp and the cheese is bubbling hot
- 4. Place the figs on serving plate and drizzle with balsamic vinegar and Fig syrup
Recipe Cuisine: Spanish