Serrano Ham and Cheese French Toast, Spicy Bravas Mayonnaise
by Mark Prescott
These sandwiches are filling and rich but so worth the effort! Perfect comfort food and great for breakfast - why not add a fried egg and lose the mayo, get the kids messy, hey will love helping in the kitchen!
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 8x Thick Slices Sourdough
- 4x Whole Eggs
- 300ml Milk
- 1x Generous pinch Sweet Paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1x Teaspoon Garlic Granules
- 12x Slices Serrano Ham
- 8x Slices Gruyere Cheese (or cheese of your preference)
- 100ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 80g Butter
- Bravas Mayonnaise
- 100ml Bravas Sauce
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Place the eggs ,milk, paprika and garlic granules into a mixing bowl and mix well,season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- 2. Lay 4 slices of bread out on a flat surface ,lightly butter,on each slice of bread lay a slice of Cheese,3 slices of ham.and top with another slice of cheese,butter the 4 remaining slices of bread and top the bases ,forming 4 sandwiches
- 3. Heat a non stick frying pan and add50ml oil,pour the egg wash into a shallow tray dip the sandwiches in the batter and allow to sit for a minute on each side(probably safer to do two sandwiches at a time)
- 4. Place two sandwiches at a time into the oil allow around 4/5 minutes each side add half the butter when turning,the sandwiches should be crisp and golden brown,repeat with the remaining 2 sandwiches.
- 5. Place on plates and cut in half ,serve with a generous dollop of Bravas mayonnaise.
Recipe Cuisine: Mediterranean