Pan Roasted Serrano-wrapped Cod Loin, White Bean Purée
by Mark Prescott
This is a very impressive dinner dish with lots of Mediterranean flavours and textures complemented by the saltiness of the crispy ham.
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 2x 6/7oz Thick Cut Cod Lion (neck end is best for this recipe)
- 4x Slices Serrano Ham
- 300g Fabe Asturian white beans
- 100g Mixed Cherry Tomatoes (cut in half)
- 40g Piquillo Peppers
- 100g Mixed Olives
- 20g Caperberries
- 2x Cloves Garlic, smashed and chopped
- 1x Small onion (finely chopped)
- 50ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Edible Flowers or Garlic flowers
- Garlic Oil
- 100g Wild Garlic
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Drain the beans in a colander, place into a liquidiser with 50ml olive oil and blitz until smooth.
- 2. Dry the Cod lions on kitchen paper. Lay 2 slices of Serrano ham side-by-side overlapping so they are the same width as the Cod loins. Place the Cod on the ham and roll so that the cod is completely wrapped. Warm the bean purée in a small saucepan
- 3. Heat a little oil in a non stick frying pan. When the oil is hot, place the wrapped Cod loins in the pan and cook for 3/4 minutes each side until the ham starts to crisp. When the loins are cooked place on kitchen paper to drain, wipe the pan out and place back on the heat, add the onion and garlic sauté gently for a couple of minutes without colour.
- 4. Add the Cherry tomatoes, piquillo peppers and olives, toss a couple of times and add the caperberries - drain onto kitchen paper.
- 5. Dress the bean purée in the centre of your serving plates and place the Cod in the centre of the purée.
- 6. Arrange the garnish around the edge of the bean purée and drizzle with garlic oil and for a little extra colour add a few petals of edible flowers.
Recipe Cuisine: Mediterranean