Pan-Roasted Chicken with Harissa & Chickpeas
by Dianne Raisbeck
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 2 Jars Spanish Passion Chick Peas, rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Spanish Passion Hot & Spicy Harissa Sauce
- 8 Skin on, Bone in Chicken Thighs (about 3lb)
- 1 Small Onion
- Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbl Tomato paste
- 1/2 Cup Chicken stock
- 1/4 Cup Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Lemon Wedges for serving
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Pre Heat the oven to 425° C
- 2. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 4. Working in 2 batches, cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side; transfer to a plate.
- 5. Pour off all but 1 Tbsp of drippings from pan,
- 6. Add onion and garlic; cook about 3 minutes , stirring often, until softened
- 7. Add tomato paste and cook about 1 minute , stirring, until beginning to darken,
- 8. Add chickpeas, Harissa, and broth; bring to a simmer.
- 9. Nestle chicken, skin side up, in chickpeas
- 10. Transfer skillet to oven.
- 11. Roast until chicken is cooked through, 20–25 minutes.
- 12. Top with parsley and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over the dish
Recipe Cuisine: Mediterranean