Mussels with Green Mojo Sauce, Coriander, Wild Garlic Oil
by Mark Prescott
A sophisticated meal for dining alfresco with the pungent refreshing kick of wild garlic..which is a real treat when in season.
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 1kg Fresh clean mussels
- 4 x Cloves garlic smashed and finely chopped
- 1 x Onion (finely chopped)
- 200ml Dry white wine
- 4x Dessert spoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 200ml Double cream
- 20g Fresh coriander leaves
- 150ml Green Mojo sauce
- Wild Garlic Oil
- 100g Wild garlic leaves (chives if no wild garlic is available)
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan, add the onion, cook for a couple of minutes without colour, add the garlic stir and add the Mussels - mix well. Deglaze the pan with the wine, place lid on the pan and allow the mussels to steam open - around 3/4 minutes.
- 2. Remove the lid from the saucepan and add the Green Mojo Sauce and the double cream, stir well, bring to the boil, remove from heat.
- 3. Divide the Mussels between 2 serving bowls sprinkle with the Coriander leaves, and drizzle with garlic oil, Enjoy!
Recipe Cuisine: Mediterranean