Mussels, Prawns and Bravas Potatoes
by Mark Prescott
This is a fun, tasty and really sticky finger sharing dinner. Great with a platter of warm garlic bread, don’t forget the carnage bowls for all the shells. White wine will of course always work but on this occasion I suggest a few bottles of super cold Damm Inedit - a superb craft beer developed by Ferran Adria, probably the worlds greatest Chef.....Believe me its good :)
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 1 kg Fresh Clean Mussels
- 300g Raw Argentinian Red Prawns shell on or off
- 200g Baby potatoes
- 200g Cherry Tomatoes
- 40g Fresh Coriander
- 4 x Cloves Garlic Smashed and chopped
- 2x Medium Onions (finely chopped)
- 400ml Brava Sauce
- 40ml Ex Virgin Olive Oil
- 100g Mild Chorizo Ring (Finely sliced)
- 200ml Dry White Wine
- 1x Red Chilli (de-seed and finely chop)
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Cook the baby potatoes in boiling salted water for 5/6 minute to the stage they are just cooked through, drain and allow to steam dry. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan, add the baby potatoes and sauté till they start to brown and colour.
- 2. Add the garlic, and onions stir well add the chorizo and prawn tails, mix well cook until the chorizo starts to bleed, add the mussels shake the pan and deglaze with the wine and cover the pan with a lid.
- 3. Cook for around 3/4 minutes shaking the pan occasionally ,remove the lid add the sliced chilli and Brava Sauce. Season to your taste if necessary
- 4. Divide the mussels into serving bowls, and garnish with Coriander leaves.
Recipe Cuisine: Mediterranean