Herb infused Fusilli Vegan Pasta with Summer Greens, Chestnut Mushrooms and Toasted Pine Nuts
by Mark Prescott
This is a delicious and nutritious looking summer dish, full of goodness and very appealing to the eye. Enjoy and don’t forget the chilled wine i would recommend Berceo Sauvignon Blanc. Cheers, Mark.
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 1x Packet Herb infused Vegan Fusilli Pasta
- 100g Sprouting Broccoli
- 100g English Asparagus
- 100g Baby Leaf Spinach
- 20g Toasted Pinenuts
- 10g Torn Fresh Basil
- Generous Pinch Mushroom and Garlic Salt Flakes
- 40ml Bay leaf and Black Pepper infused Oil
- 1x Medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 2x Clove Garlic Smashed and finely chopped.
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Prepare the vegetables - peel the Asparagus (optional) break the broccoli down into florets cut the Chestnut Mushrooms into 1/4s.
- 2. Blanch the Asparagus and Broccoli in rapidly boiling salted water for two minutes, drain and refresh in iced water.In a wok or non stick frying pan add half the oil and sauté the mushrooms on high flame until golden brown, reduce the heat and add the onion and garlic cook out the onions for a couple of minutes and remove from the heat
- 3. Cook the Fusilli in rapidly boiling water for approximately 16/18 minutes until it is al dente and drain into a colander, return the mushrooms to the heat, add the spinach and as soon as the spinach wilts add the hot pasta, add the torn basil, toss a couple of times and divide between two serving bowls.
- 4. Sprinkle each bowl with Pine nuts and a pinch of Mushroom and Garlic salt flakes.
Recipe Cuisine: Mediterranean