Crispy Prawn & Jalepeno Tacos With Red Coleslaw
Tacos are great fun and always taste great at any time of day. Fun and simple to make. Make them as dirty and messy as you wish, don’t forget the chilled beers and lots of wipes or kitchen roll close at hand. Enjoy!
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 12x Large Peeled & Deveined King Prawn Tails
- 1x SmallBaking Potatoe (peeled)
- 1x Small Courgette
- 1x Small Carrot (peeled)
- 2x Dessert Spoon Sliced Jalapenos (Finely Chopped)
- 1x Small Red Onion
- 10cx Corriander (finely Chopped)
- 1x Red Chilli
- 100gx Plain Flour
- 1x Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1x Egg
- 60g x Grated Manchego Cheese
- 4x Corn Tortillas
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Using a mandolin or very sharp knife cut the potato, courgette, carrot and onion into fine julienne, season with salt and pepper and allow to soften for 5/10 minutes
- 2. Meanwhile, mix the flour, baking powder and egg in a mixing bowl to make a smooth batter, add the diced chilli, chopped coriander and chopped jalapenos to the batter, mix well.
- 3. Squeeze any excess water from the julienned vegetables and mix through the batter until all the ingredients are well bound.
- 4. Preheat fryer or a deep pan of vegetable to 160oc, taking one Prawn tail at a time wrap the Prawn in the vegetable batter so that the prawns are partly exposed but evenly coated in batter. When all the Prawns are wrapped, cook in the hot oil until golden brown and crisp.
- 5. Once cooked dry and drain on kitchen paper and heat your tacos in a hot frying pan or through the oven.
- 6. Build your tacos to your own taste, and serve with generous quantities of aioli, Harissa Mayonnaise, and freshly squeezed lime.
Recipe Cuisine: Mexican