Clams with Chorizo, Wilted Tomatoes and Tagliatelle
Spain has the longest coastline in Europe so seafood plays a massive part in the national diet, clams (almejas) are hugely popular, especially in the Catalonian region.
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 500g x Fresh White Clams
- 2 x Large Banana Shallots (finely chopped)
- 100g x Baby Coloured Tomatoes (cut in half)
- 10g x Corriander (finely chopped)
- 10g x Flat-leaf Parsley (finely chopped)
- Generous pinch of Paprika
- 2 x Cloves of Garlic (smash and finely chop)
- Pinch Chilli Flakes
- 200ml x Tomato Fritto Sauce
- 40mlx Chilli Infused Oil
- 100g x Fresh Tagliatelle
- 150g x Cooking Chorizo (finely sliced)
- 100mlx Dry White Wine
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Ensure the Clams have been well washed and rinsed well. In a saucepan heat the chilli oil, add the sliced chorizo and gently cook till it starts to bleed. Add the clams, garlic and chopped shallots. Turn up the heat, add the tomatoes, deglaze with the wine, cover with a lid and cook for 3/4 minutes shaking the pan to help the clams open up.
- 2. Cook the tagliatelle while the clams are cooking. Remove the lid from the clams, add the tomato fritto sauce and bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- 3. Drain the pasta return to pan drizzle with oil and season, divide the pasta evenly between your serving bowls. Sprinkle the parsley and coriander over the clams and portion evenly over the pasta.
Recipe Cuisine: American