Chorizo and Pulled Chicken Spring Rolls
by Mark Prescott
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 500g x Pulled cooked Chicken
- 200g x Cooking Chorizo (remove skin and finely chop)
- 1/2 x Hispi Cabbage(finely shredded)
- 1 x Pointed Red Pepper (fine julienne)
- 1 x Large Carrot (Fine julienne)
- 30g x Fresh Ginger (fine Julienne)
- 30g x Fresh Corriander
- 1 x Red Chilli (finely diced)
- 150ml. Galbi Sauce
- 200g x Mozzarella
- 20x Spring Roll Wraps
- 2x Eggs
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Carefully remove all the meat from the carcass of a cooked roast chicken (1 small roasting chicken will yield approximately 500g meat) tear and pull the chicken into a mixing bowl.
- 2. Add the grated mozzarella, chopped chorizo, cabbage, ginger, carrot, red pepper, and coriander, mix well, and finally add the Galbi sauce to bind all the ingredients together. Mix well.
- 3. Layout a spring roll sheet on a flat surface, whisk the eggs together to form an egg wash. Brush the wrap with egg wash, have the wrapper with one point towards you, so it looks like a diamond, and place approximately 100g of filling in the center of the sheet. Bring the bottom corner up and over the filling fold in the side corners and roll into a cigar shape, repeat with a second wrap. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling. When rolled, place on a sheet of parchment paper seam side down.
- 4. Cook the spring rolls in a deep pan of oil at 160oC for approximately 5 minutes until crisp and golden brown. Enjoy while hot.
Recipe Cuisine: Chinese