Cheat’s Aged Serrano Ham, Spiced Pear and Spinach Pizza with Melting Roquefort Cheese
by Mark Prescott
This simple Pizza is bursting with flavour and textures. Salty Roquefort, silky rich egg, crispy salad, and the intense aged ham cut by the sharp onion pickle and rich mulled Pear. A taste sensation. Definitely more suited to wine than beer.
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 2 x Garlic Bread Bases (or Naans)
- 2 x Large Eggs
- 2 x Gourmet Pears in Red Wine
- 300g x Leaf Spinach
- 100g x Aged Serrano Ham
- 100g x Roquefort Cheese
- 1 x Red Onion (very Finely sliced)
- 80g x Mixed Herb Leaf Salad.
- 2 x Cloves Garlic Smashed and Finely Chopped
- 2x Dessert Spoons Basil infused Oil.
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Lightly brush the Garlic Bread bases with olive oil. Ensure the spinach has been washed. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat, add a dessert spoon of oil then add the Garlic and Spinach. Toss for 1 minute and drain on kitchen paper. The spinach will be slightly wilted but not cooked
- 2. Divide the Spinach evenly over the bread bases, cut each Pear into 8 segments and arrange on the Spinach. Evenly crumble the Roquefort between the 2 pizza bases
- 3. Place the sliced onions into a stainless steel bowl or tray generously sprinkle with salt, and add the lemon juice. Mix well and leave for 5 minutes, the onions should instantly turn a bright purple pink
- 4. In the center of each pizza base make a well and crack an egg in the center of each base. Place the pizzas in a pre heated oven 200°C for 4 to 5 minutes till the egg is set
- 5. Remove the pizzas from the oven, sprinkle with the herb leaf salad, tear the ham into strips and divide between the two Pizzas. Finally, squeeze the onion pickle dry and scatter over the pizzas. Enjoy
Recipe Cuisine: Mediterranean