Chargrilled King Prawns with Sesame Rice Cakes and Green Mojo Sauce.
by Mark Prescott
The soft golden rice gives a crunch with the toasted sesame seeds, the soft prawns have a little heat from the Jalapenos and the lime juice lifts the flavour of the coriander and chilli in the marinade. The silky smooth Mojo Sauce combines the flavour and texture of both elements and perfectly bonds flavours of the far East and Spain.
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 8 x Large raw and deveined King Prawn Tails
- For the Sesame Rice Cakes, follow the recipe in Recipes. When the rice is setting in the ring molds generously sprinkle with toasted white and black sesame seeds before pressing and setting.
- 20g Coriander
- Green Mojo Sauce
- 1x Green Pepper (deseeded)
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Place the prawns into the marinade for at least 2 hours or preferably overnight, and at the same time soak your wooden skewers in cold water till needed
- 2. Skewer the Prawns and heat your grill plate or BBQ. In a frying pan gently shallow fry the rice cakes until they are golden brown and crispy on both sides.
- 3. Place the Prawns onto a hot grill. They will only need a couple of minutes on each side. Drain the rice cakes on kitchen paper and place in the center of your plates. Top each rice cake with two grilled prawns and serve with lashings of Green Mojo sauce.
Recipe Cuisine: Mediterranean