Beer Can Chicken With A Sour Apple And Chilli Jam Glaze
Once the Chicken has rested it will be much safer to remove the can before serving to make the chicken more stable and easy to carve a real show stopper! And great fun for Halloween!
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 1 x Roasting chicken (1.5kg)
- 200ml x Chilli and Tomato Jam
- 80ml x Apple Vinegar Syrup
- 1 x Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 x 400ml Can Estella (100ml for the Chef)
- 10g x Fresh Thyme
- 10g x Fresh Rosemary
- 1 x Sprig Bay leafs
- 1/2x Fresh Lemon
- Salt and pepper
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Remove the wishbone from the chicken, with a very sharp knife slash the chicken 3 times on each breast, and the same on the legs.
- 2. In a small bowl combine the chilli jam and apple syrup mix well, season the chicken inside and out, in the cavity place 1/2 lemon, pour 1/3 of the beer out of the can (drink the rest, don’t let it go to waste) in the pouring hole place the herbs.
- 3. Massage the chicken generously with the jam and sit the chicken on the pan so it is stable and will not tip over, place in a pre-heated oven 180oc for 30 minutes.
- 4. After 30 minutes remove the chicken brush with jam and return to the oven for another 30minutes, during this time if you have any jam left continue to glaze the chicken every 5 minutes, it will be very hot so take care.
- 5. After 30 minutes remove from the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before serving, (if you cut the leg any juices should run clear if not give the bird another 10 minutes in the oven.)
Recipe Cuisine: Spanish