Baked Potatoes with White Tuna & Jalapeños
by Mark Prescott
These potatoes are delicious as a brunch, early afternoon dinner, or movie night comfort food.
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 4x Large Baking Potatoes
- 1x Tin El Capricho White Longfin Tuna*
- 40g Sliced Jalapeño Peppers (finely chopped)
- 20g Chives (finely chopped)
- 2 x Spring Onions (finely sliced)
- 200g Grated Manchego Cheese
- 100g Cream Cheese
- 100ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper
- 10g Mediterranean Fleur de Sel
- Green Mojo Mayonnaise
- 150g Green Mojo Sauce
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Rub the potatoes in olive oil, place onto a baking tray and put into a hot pre-heated oven 180/200C for approximately 45 minutes until the potatoes are cooked
- 2. Remove the potatoes from the oven. With a sharp knife cut the top third of the potato off to form a boat, remove the center of the potatoes with a kitchen spoon, scrape out the lids and place into a mixing bowl. Retain the skins from the lids, brush with oil season and return to the oven for 5 minutes for a delicious crispy snack
- 3. Mash the potato in the bowl season and add the Tuna, Jalapeños, Chive, Spring Onions, Cream Cheese, and grated Manchego. Gently bind all the ingredients together with a spatula and then refill the potato boats with the mix
- 4. Return the filled potatoes back in the oven until glazed and piping hot - around 15 minutes
- 5. Place the potatoes onto a serving platter, sprinkle with salt flakes, chives and spring onions. Serve with the green Mojo mayonnaise. *El Capricho Bonito del Norte in Castillo de Canena Extra Virgin Olive Oil will make you rethink canned tuna! Simply exquisite!
Other Notes: Try with a couple of chilled Complot I.P.A Beers, and i can guarantee you will prepare this recipient time and time again. Can also be prepared in advance and just popped in the oven at anytime of day. Enjoy!
Recipe Cuisine: Mediterranean