Asparagus, Serrano Ham, Soft Poached Egg. Olive oil croute, Allioli Mayonnaise
by Mark Prescott
This dish could be breakfast, brunch, lunch, or a classy starter for an evening meal, so satisfying as it has salty, creamy, rich, and crunchy textures and you will always wish there was just one more mouthful…. :)
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 6 x Thick Spears English Asparagus
- 2 x Slices Serrano Ham
- 2 x Large Eggs
- 2 x Thick slices of Ciabatta or Baguette
- 80ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 150ml Allioli Mayonnaise
- 50ml White wine vinegar
- 30g Salted Butter
- Allioli Mayonnaise
- 100ml Allioli
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Bring a pan of salted water to a rapid boil. Blanch the asparagus spears for 2 minutes and refresh in iced water.
- 2. Crack the eggs into 2 small separate bowls, bring a pan of water to a rapid boil. (Never salt the water for poached eggs as this will break down the egg white) add the vinegar to the water, pour the eggs into the water where it is turning most, turn down the heat and poach the eggs for three minutes refresh in ice cold water.
- 3. Dry off the Asparagus and season as you wish, form two bundles of three spears and wrap each bundle tightly in a slice of Serrano ham.
- 4. Drizzle the slices of ciabatta with olive oil and colour on a grill pan, or frying pan until golden brown and crisp on both sides.
- 5. Add 20ml of oil to a frying pan when the oil is hot add the Asparagus bundles And gently colour on all sides add the butter and cook until the butter is nutty brown and foaming, remove the Asparagus bundles and drain on kitchen paper.
- 6. Meanwhile, warm the eggs in boiling water for no more than two minutes (eggs will be soft and runny, leave re heating longer if you prefer a firm yolk).
- 7. Place the grilled bread on your plates, top with the Asparagus Bundles and carefully place the poached egg on top of the asparagus. Serve with a lashing of Allioli mayonnaise. Enjoy, Mark
Recipe Cuisine: Spanish