Asparagus and Chorizo Tortilla Tarts
by Mark Prescott
These small crunchy Asparagus and Chorizo tarts can be eaten hot or cold and make a great addition to a Tapas evening or picnic, and using the base custard you can add any filling you wish. Happy Cooking!
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 4x Small Flour Tortillas
- 10g Fresh Coriander (chopped)
- 250ml Single Cream
- 50ml Creme Fraiche
- 2 x Whole eggs(large)
- 1x Egg Yolk (large)
- 100g Grated Manchego
- 50g x Grated Parmesan
- 1x Desert spoon English Mustard
- 50g Sliced Chorizo Gran Vela(chop into small dice)
- 4x Spears Thick English Asparagus
- 50g Piquillo Peppers in Garlic
- 100ml Arroniz Olive Oil
- 1x Generous pinch Sweet Smoked Paprika
- PUT IT TOGETHER
- 1. Brush the tortillas on both sides with the olive oil, mould into a Yorkshire pudding tin or Muffin Tray, line with cling film and fill with baking beans or rice.Cook in a pre heated oven 180c for around 8/10 minutes until the shells are Golden brown
- 2. In a mixing bowl whisk the egg and egg yolks well.season with salt and pepper and add the cream and creme fraiche beat till the mix is smooth.
- 3. Blanch the Asparagus for 1 minute in rapidly boiling salted water and refresh in iced water, dry and slice into rounds.
- 4. Add the Asparagus ,Chorizo, English mustard, Parmesan and Manchego to the custard and mix well.
- 5. Remove the lining from the tarts.add fill with the custard mix .get as much filling in the tarts as possible, sprinkle with Paprika and bake in a pre heated oven at 150c for approximately 20/25 minutes till the custard has just set.
- 6. Allow the tarts to cool for 5 minutes before eating.
Recipe Cuisine: Mediterranean