Pan-Roasted Chicken with Harissa & Chickpeas
Pan-Roasted Chicken with Harissa & Chickpeas Recipe
- INGREDIENTS TO GET READY
- 2 Jars Spanish Passion Chick Peas, rinsed
- 1/2 Cup Spanish Passion Hot & Spicy Harissa Sauce
- 8 Skin on, Bone in Chicken Thighs (about 3lb)
- 1 Small Onion
- Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbl Tomato paste
- 1/2 Cup Chicken stock
- 1/4 Cup Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Lemon Wedges for serving
- 1. Pre Heat the oven to 425° C
- 2. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
4. Working in 2 batches, cook until browned, about 5 minutes per side; transfer to a plate.
5. Pour off all but 1 Tbsp of drippings from pan,
6. Add onion and garlic; cook about 3 minutes , stirring often, until softened
7. Add tomato paste and cook about 1 minute , stirring, until beginning to darken,
8. Add chickpeas, Harissa, and broth; bring to a simmer.
9. Nestle chicken, skin side up, in chickpeas
10. Transfer skillet to oven.
11. Roast until chicken is cooked through, 20–25 minutes.
Top with parsley and serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over the dish